Interestingly, the search for the best heating pads is quite high these days. When you look up to the major search engines out there, you can see that many people are actually hunting for a high-quality heating pad.
But why? For me, it has to do with pain relief and relaxation. If you are like me, then you are no stranger to back and neck pains. Even as I sleep, I do feel these inconveniences. Honestly, taking pain relievers is the last thing that comes in my mind as a form of a physical remedy.
Luckily, I grew up knowing the therapeutic benefits of these heating pads. I always use them whenever a part of the body is strained and stressed. They work most of the time effectively, so I have no qualms about them.
If you are on the same boat as me, I suggest that you get a heating pad, too. Here are some options you can try.
5 Best Heating Pads: A Rundown
Theratherm is a standard choice when it comes to heating pads. It has been in the market for quite some time, which testifies its effectiveness as a therapeutic pain reliever.
This product can provide intense and moist heat to your body. It is incredibly palpable as your body will immediately feel its healing effects. The relief that it gives is indeed useful, especially to those that are suffering from arthritis, inflammation, and muscle spasm. Moreover, it can also temporarily alleviate the pain caused by muscle tension and strain.
You can apply this heating pad on your shoulder, wrist, stomach, and back. You can easily adjust its size, so there’s no problem even if you are going to put it on your knees or feet.
Furthermore, the Theratherm includes a lockout mode, which prevents it from heating inconsistencies while it is working. In short, it will never make you feel too hot or too cold. It can maintain the setting you configured, and that’s a very desirable feat!
- Features a user-friendly digital control
- Enables hassle-free temperature monitoring
- Includes a timer and temperature range adjustment
- Comes with a flannel cover that draws the moisture from the air
- Can be used in different body parts
- No known issues
I also adore the Anbber Heating Pad because of its ergonomic function and construction. It is an innovative approach to the traditional heating pads, enabling you to experience a better form of heat therapy.
This one is large; keep that in mind. Therefore, it is not a suitable choice for those who are looking for heating pads for their neck pain. But if you are suffering from back or abdominal pain, this one works exceptionally well. Specifically, this one can heat up to 155 degrees Fahrenheit. But of course, you can adjust it, thanks to its six-gear setting.
The Anbber Heating Pad also features an auto-shutoff feature. After two hours of inactivity, the heating pad will automatically shut itself. It is a useful power-saving mechanism. It also protects the pad from overheating. Such a feature is quite beneficial if you are going to use this item to soothe yourself to sleep.
You can use this device even if you are far from a power outlet. The length of its cord stretches up to 9 feet. You don’t have to make adjustments before you can find a comfortable position for this heating pad!
- Comes with elastic bands for secure attachment
- Pad has a skin-safe and allergy-free texture
- Heats up quickly for immediate pain relief
- Features adjustable heat setting
- Broad coverage; can cover the entire back
- Cannot be used in smaller regions of your body
I am quite sure that this particular heating pad will not disappoint you. After all, it can give you a full-body relief. Not many pads can give you such extensive coverage.
The Pure Enrichment PureRelief Electric Heating Pad has a size of around 12 inches x 24 inches, making it one of the biggest heating pads that you can get today. With its size, it can relieve the sore in your back, shoulders, arms, legs, and abdomen all at the same time!
Lying on it will never be a stressful experience either. The reason for this is due to its extra-thick micro plush fiber construction. This particular material is as comfortable as your blankets. Even if you are going to use it daily, you’ll never suffer from any inconvenience.
Also, this heating pad heats up pretty quickly. You don’t need to wait for too long before you can get the ideal temperature for relaxation. In just a matter of seconds, this heating pad will be ready for action. It ensures temporary relief from all the muscle pain you are experiencing.
- Full body coverage
- Made from micro plush fibers for extreme comfort
- Includes an ergonomic hand control
- Great for both dry and moist heat therapy
- Ensure a relaxing effect on the body
- Suffers from minor heat inconsistencies
The MIGHTY BLISS Large Electric Heating Pad is another high-quality heating pad. This one is almost the same as the previous heating pad I featured, especially when it comes to its size.
It works well as a therapeutic pain reliever. It gives a temporary remedy to back pain, abdominal pain, and other forms of muscle strain. For women who are suffering from hellish cramps, this heating pad can help you get past through that unbearable pain.
Of course, the construction of this heating pad is far from shabby. It is ultra-sturdy and can last long in service. Needles to say, the heat that it provides is entirely consistent. Once you have set the temperature, the heating pad will be able to maintain it.
Because it can heat up quickly, any waiting game is fully eliminated. You can apply this heating pad and experience its effects without the need to stall a minute or two. The control that comes with it guarantees that you can get the right level of heat that you want.
- Gentle and allergy-proof micro plush construction
- Excels in maintaining its heat
- Offers extensive coverage
- Quickly heats up
- Available in both moist and dry options
- No known issues
It would really be great if you can consider the Sunbeam Xpressheat Heating Pad in your selection. Same as the rest of the heating pads here, this one is powered by electricity. As long as you have a power source, this one can give relentless relief to your body.
It comes with a quick-heating feature, too. Specifically, it can heat up under thirty seconds. In just a short period, you will be able to experience the sedating therapeutic effects of this pad. It can deal with any form of muscle pain and tension with utmost proficiency. As long as this heating pad is applied to the affected part of your body, you’ll feel nothing but relief.
Of course, the Xpressheat Heating Pad is ergonomic as well. Otherwise, I will never recommend it to you. It has a long power cord so that you will not move too much from your bed or couch. Meanwhile, its remote control has an LED interface and user-friendly buttons so that you can operate the heating pad the way you want it.
- Microplush is machine washable
- Great for daily use
- Features an automatic shutoff capability
- Works for both dry and moist therapeutic heating
- Durability is quite decent
- The construction of the controller is not that sturdy
Benefits Of Using The Best Heating Pads
On the surface, we all know these heating pads as pain alleviators. Commonly, people use heat therapy as a means of relieving body aches such as back pain.
The way these heating pads work is quite simple. The heat that is being generated from the pads will dilate the blood vessels, which causes an increase of blood flow in the targeted area. Since its inception and commercialization, these heating pads have been modified to improve their efficiency. These pads are already available in different sizes and shapes, allowing you to get the right one for you.
Of course, unhampered blood flow ensures that nutrients and oxygen will be carried properly. This simply means that any damaged tissues can heal faster if the blood on those areas can flow freely.
If you delve deeper, you’ll realize that the heating pads can do more things. Here are some of them:
- Effective means of relaxation – Heat therapy has been with us since time memorial. People use them to relax sore and tired muscles. When you apply heating pads on any part of your body, you’ll experience a soothing sensation. This is quite great, especially if you just came from a stressful day at work or school. The best part of these heating pads is that you don’t need to take any medicines to maximize their relaxing effects!
- Reliable pain reliever – Don’t ever think that these heating pads only work on your spine and posterior region. They have already evolved. Manufacturers of this product already made them versatile so that they can also treat discomforts in the leg, shoulder, and abdominal muscles. In fact, they can even be used to relieve neck pain.
- Sleep enhancer – If you have been suffering from sleep loss in these past few days, I suggest that you get a heating pad. You see, these heating pads can relax all the stress and strains that your body feels. It can even put the mind at ease. There are heating pads that are designed to complement ergonomic mattresses. Get one, and you will experience a peaceful and pain-free slumber.
Considerations In Choosing The Best Heating Pads
You need to be aware that there are hundreds–if not, thousands–of heating pads out there. Choosing the right now might be a little trickier than what you have expected. The following considerations could help you out with this dilemma.
- Electric heating pads – These heating pads are considered to be the most modern. You can make them work by plugging them to the nearest power outlet. The chief advantage of electric pads is their efficiency in maintaining constant heat. As long as you have a power source, you can use these electric heating pads anytime you want.
- Moist heating pads – Using a moisture heating pad is also great. It particularly excels in relaxing sore and aching muscles. Just like its name suggests, this heating pad is using moist air to relieve the stress in your body. In the market today, most of these moist-based pads are in microwavable bags form. They also come with a conducting filter. Meanwhile, specialized hot water bottles do fit in this category, too.
- Infrared heating pads – Of course, one cannot miss these infrared heating pads. They are also a popular option today. These pads are using infrared radiation to produce safe levels of heat. Sure enough, the heat that is being produced by these pads is similar to the infrared heat generated by the sun. Unlike other heating pads, infrared heating pads do not dry the skin. Therefore, if you have sensitive skin, you should pick this one.
You also need to consider the ailment that you want to treat. That will help you in determining the kind of heating pad that you should buy.
For instance, if you are suffering from frequent neck pain, I do suggest that you get a neck wrap. If you are dealing with lower back pain and other spinal-related aches, the best option for you are those heating pads that have a contouring feature.
If you are still unsure about this, I do recommend that you talk to a professional physician. The right health professionals can guide you on this matter.
Size does matter when it comes to heating pads. After all, you don’t want to buy something that is too big or too small for your needs. For neck pain relief, make sure that the heating pad fits through that region. Get a bulky pad, and your neck will never get the soothing that it wants.
If you are planning to soothe your spine, leg, abdomen, or back, larger pads should be your primary option. They can provide the necessary coverage to keep you comfortable and relaxed.
If you are going to buy a heating pad, make sure that it is ergonomic and adjustable. You can know if the heating pad can provide such conveniences if it has adjustable heat settings. Always keep in mind that other people can feel better relief if the heat is cranked higher. But of course, this doesn’t mean that you want to relish the same temperature, right?
It will be a prudent and practical move in your part if you invest in a heating pad that has an adjustable heat setting. It allows you to get the ideal heat level for your needs. It is also beneficial for individuals who are planning to share the device with other people.
Always remember that you should never ignore your personal convenience. If you are experiencing discomfort such as back and neck pain, treat them right away. Fortunately, there’s no actual need for you to get prescription medicines so that you can heal the pain. All you need is some old-school but effective remedies like heat therapy. And in that aspect, I am pretty sure that the best heating pads can be of enormous help.
That’s it for now. If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.